AMHERST, NY – Amherst Chamber of Commerce President/CEO A.J. Baynes announces the Chamber’s Annual Luncheon will be held on Friday, January 10th at Buffalo Marriott Niagara where Amherst Supervisor Brian Kulpa will outline his ambitious agenda to reinvent the town for future generations.
“We are on the cusp of a brighter tomorrow in the Town of Amherst and beyond,” says Baynes. “Economic development projects are starting to take shape, and we are impressed with the supervisor’s plans to add greenspace, improve traffic safety and collaborate with other businesses.”
Included in Kulpa’s presentation:
- Boulevard Mall and Station 12 (Former Northtown Plaza)- updated timelines and progress
- Amherst Central Park (Westwood Project)- includes surprise arts and cultural announcement
- Miovision-the new safety initiative using cameras to ease traffic on heavily traveled roads
- Tree Planting Project- 1,000,000 new trees planted in Amherst over the next five years
“I am honored the Amherst Chamber of Commerce has me here to highlight the successes of the past year and to share my vision for continuing to advance the Town of Amherst’s strategic growth,” says Kulpa.
The Chamber’s Annual Luncheon also includes the installation of the Chamber’s 2020 Board of Directors by Assembly Majority Leader Crystal Peoples-Stokes, just back from Albany after the Governor’s State of the State and a presentation of the Chamber’s Public Policy Agenda for 2020 that includes:
- Support for more nonstop domestic flights to the West Coast and a nonstop trans-Atlantic flight to Europe at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport to boost tourism and business growth
- Oppose elimination of the tip credit and any legislation classifying independent contractors for app companies as full-time employees
- Support the expansion of our light rail system to UB’s North Campus
- Support for using federal Opportunity Zones and other tax incentive programs to spur economic development
400 people from the local business, government and nonprofit sectors will be attending the luncheon on Friday, January 10, 2020 at Buffalo Marriott Niagara, 1340 Millersport Highway in Amherst with 11:30 a.m. registration, and lunch and the program starting at 12:00 p.m.